bucketsofnorthkitsap

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

LENT...

So, Lent - I grew up in a Christian (non-denominational) church and although i've been out of the church loop a bit for the past couple of years now, I just couldn't seem to remember doing "lent".
Scott and I were in church on Sunday and they were talking about lent and reading lists that those had written as to what they would be giving up for lent. In a very serious voice, Scott leans over to me (keep in mind, this is in the middle of the service - no music, just silence and one pastors voice) he says -" I think we should give up alcohol and tv for lent" For those of you who know us well, you know that Scott doesn't drink alcohol and he doesn't watch much tv - so let's just guess who he's talking about - ME!!!

I'm sorry, but don't you think that you're supposed to come up with you own lent-giving-up-things - i'm pretty sure that your spouse isn't supposed to tell you what to give up. So, here's what happened after that - I want you to know that i'm pretty sure I won - not that we were supposed to be in a race, but still...

Scott: I think we should give up alcohol and tv for lent
Christy: Excuse me, you don't drink alchol and you don't watch tv
Christy hands Scott a mint 'cuz - wow!!!
Scott: I'm gonna give up these mints
Christy: Fine, then i'm giving up sex
Scott: Then i'll give up conversations
Christy: I thought you already did

see - I won:) or :( i'm not sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment