bucketsofnorthkitsap

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Is making new friends like dating???

So, maybe this seems like a funny thing to say, but seriously, it's totally like dating! For example...you meet another Mom at your kids school and think, you know, she's quite lovely, I would totally like to be her friend. So, what next - you ask her to coffee or a playdate, or something - see, it's kinda like saying "hey, do you wanna go out with me sometime"???? With this even comes the typical "dating anxiety". You're so nervous to ask, then when you finally do ask, you stumble over your words, sounding like a total dork! Well, maybe you don't do that, but I totally do that! Then I think about it - i've even had dreams about it. Yep, i'm a little obsessive, compulsive about this whole friend thing, but what can I say, i'm a social girl! I often crave adult conversation - maybe that's because i'm a sahm to 4 kiddos and somethimes, I just need somebody to say some other variety of things back to me except I need or I want, etc,etc, etc. Don't get me wrong - my kids say amazing thing - they are geniuses you know:) Things that make me amazingly grateful that I get to be with them everyday. For example - we're driving home from school the other day and I asked Carson what the letter of the day was at pre-school. It was G. So Taylor sais, well Carson, you could have shared yourself today because you're g-g-great! Carsons response - ya, and i'm h-h-handsome and i'm c-c-cute! See, what did I tell you - genius!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment